[Shop-talk] compressor/sandblast guru question

Subject: [Shop-talk] compressor/sandblast guru question
From: ejrussell at mebtel.net (ejrussell at mebtel.net)
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 12:37:24 -0400
Do you know what the SCFM rating is at ~100 psi? That is more likely
where you'll want to set the pressure for sandblasting.

I suspect you've got an adequate air supply - especially for small
items in a small cabinet. More important is a supply of dry air.
Blasting does not like wet air. A run of metal pipe (copper or steel)
will encourage the air to cool down and the water to condense out. Plan
the air line leading to the cabinet such that it will not come off the
bottom of a run to keep water out.

See the air piping instructions at
http://www.tptools.com/StaticText/airline-piping-diagram.pdf

Eric Russell