[Shop-talk] getting a lift out of a truck.

Subject: [Shop-talk] getting a lift out of a truck.
From: fishplate at gmail.com (Jeff Scarbrough)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:19:44 -0400
On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Matt <mbarre at juno.com> wrote:
> Funny how many of us end up doing crap like this alone yet
> don't end up injured (or at least don't admit it!)

I tried to unload a 60-gallon compressor from my pickup truck with an
engine hoist.  I had to sling it around the middle because I couldn't
reach any higher.  I managed to find a spot about 1 inch below the
center of gravity...thus, when it went over, it went slowly enough
that I could get out from under it.  More or less...

If you're going to do that kind of stuff, be sure you have thoroughly
pondered it before you hook up, and keep your toes clear!

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.