[Shop-talk] getting a lift out of a truck.

Subject: [Shop-talk] getting a lift out of a truck.
From: Gil.Fuqua at cci-ir.com (Gil Fuqua)
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 13:26:08 +0000
I used a similar technique to that described below, yet I substituted a wheel
dolly (car roller) under the lift package to move it about.  I had one dolly
under each end of the lift package and was able to wheel it in to where I
installed it.

I also had access to a high-lift pallet jack that made assembly much easier.
I could balance the long and heavy ramps on the pallet jack and lift them into
place. With the pallet jack, wheel dollies and the cherry picker, I was able
to move and install a four-post lift by myself.

Gil
Nashville

I brought mine home from the dock on a flatbed trailer.

Hung the rear end from my engine hoist, used a floor jack on the trailer
deck to lift the front.

Scooted it back about 3ft that way, then supported the rear of the lift.
  Rolled the cherry picker under the side of the trailer to pick up the
front of the lift and pulled the trailer out from under it.

With a larger, beefier hoist you might just be able to pick up the whole
thing in one go.

John.

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums