[Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance

Subject: [Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance
From: pethier at comcast.net (pethier at comcast.net)
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2012 04:52:21 +0000 (UTC)
> One complaint I have about the motion sensor lights is that power
> irregularities can set them into odd states. I know some will stay
> on forever if you flick the wall switch off and on again. It seems
> that sometimes a power hit can convince the device that this is what
> you did. Not a big deal if the light stays on once in a while, but
> if it's somewhere unattended like a vacation home, it might be a
> problem.

I have one a motion-sensor light by my garage side door. B I also have
low-voltage under-cabinet lights in my kitchen. B 9 times out of 10, when I
turn off the under-cabinet lights, the garage light comes on. B This never
happens with the other lights in the kitchen. B I figure the fields collapse
on the two transformers and send a noise pulse through the house wiring.  Once
in a while, I must get lucky and zero-switch it.

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier