[Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance

Subject: [Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance
From: rlwhitetr3b at hotmail.com (Rich White)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 21:37:14 -0600
Back in the early '90s we had a switch that did just what you want.  I got it
at Menards or maybe Ace.  Like Phil I do not know if they still exist.

Rich White Central, IL USA
'63 TR3B TCF###L
That ain't a scrap pile, that is my car!

 > Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 17:57:43 +0000
> From: pethier at comcast.net
> To: gsteve at hammatt.com
> CC: Shop-talk at autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance
>
> Many years ago at our old house, I had one of these on the outside light on
my garage and one on the outside light on my house.  It looked like an
ordinary switch, and the switch itself was no bigger than an ordinary SPST
switch.  Fit in the box easily, and used the standard cover plate.  I'm sure
the delay was mechanical.  You would just push the switch down and the light
would stay on.  No noise at all.  A few minutes later, you would hear a normal
click and the light would go off.  Turning on the light was normal.