[Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance

Subject: [Shop-talk] Light delay for shop entrance
From: fitzgibbon3 at comcast.net (Tom & Marge FitzGibbon)
Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 16:59:34 +0000 (UTC)
Jeff,

Without knowing more about the shop and switch location I'm not sure it will
work, but what about something like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Leviton-PR180-1LW-Incandescent-Infrared-Occupancy/dp/B0007N737S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1330707179&sr=8-1
 It's a light switch with an occupancy sensor. You can use it as a manual
on-off switch, and it has an occupancy sensor with a user-selectable time delay
that will turn the light off when the room is no longer occupied. Turn it on
manually when you're in the shop, turn it to auto when you leave and wave your
hand in front of it so it knows you're there and turns on. That will give you
up to 15 minutes to get back home before the light goes out. I used one of
these in a bathroom when my kids were younger and kept leaving the lights on.
It worked like a charm. I bought mine at Home Depot. Good luck.

Tom FitzGibbon
Scotch Plains, NJ