Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install

To: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install
From: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 19:06:08 -0500
I was just happy it was accessible to remove. The other house had
PVC...embedded in a slab. I told myself that made it more 'okay'--if it
melted or caught fire, at worst case the fire would just shoot out
either end of the pipe.  So, you know, the fire would start more slowly
and at least I'd know where to run with the extinguisher first.

But it was also an overly-long run with two 90-degree bends and it was
undersized as well.  I never got around to it, but I always wanted to
rip out the drywall on the other side of the dryer and install a new
vent up and through the attic.  I couldn't even install an assist fan,
so the dryer never really worked.

My new rule towards buying houses: THE DRYER MUST BE LOCATED ON AN
OUTSIDE WALL AND VENT DIRECT TO ATMOSPHERE.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums