[Shop-talk] dryer vent install

To: Shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install
From: <jniolon@bham.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 20:56:27 +0000
last weekend I had to replace the hi temp sensor in my whirlpool elec. dryer.
I notice a fair accumulation of lint in the old contractor grade cheap alum
flex pipe.  It drops thru the floor, makes a droopy 35' or so run to the
outside foundation wall and exits thru the common dryer vent end cap/cover.  I
think I need to replace this with rigid 4" but can only find the 2' sections
that box stores sell at platinum prices...

any sources for longer lengths and fittings for same ???   install hints. tips
or warnings...

thanks
John

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums