Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install

To: Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] dryer vent install
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2012 17:56:12 -0600
On Sat, Jan 28, 2012 at 4:53 PM, Scott <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com> wrote:
> What he said. I'm not sure what it's *supposed* to be, but my house had PVC
> in it when we bought it.

PVC is a very bad choice.  It's prone to lint build up, and static.
It's against code most places.  (It is in the model codes, so it
should be essentially everywhere.)  Then again, so is the crap
flexible stuff the OP has.  The vent piping (and not the connection to
the vent from the dryer) is supposed to be solid metal, smooth walled,
and not assembled with screws (which catch lint).

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums