Re: [Shop-talk] Inexpensive Timing Lights

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Inexpensive Timing Lights
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 22:18:57 -0700
Jim Stone wrote:
> The Sears timing light I bought in the early 70's is still working well, but I
> would like to replace it with one with a settable advance.

I have a Craftsman timing light of unknown vintage with the dial to
set the advance.  Ancient analog technology.  When I was working at
Bailey's Service, Mike, the owner, had a whiz bang high tech snazzy
digital one from Snap On.

My old clunker always worked on the LBCs.  His gadget would freak out
completely with all the electrical noise the old ignition systems would
produce.  Sometimes working on cars of a particular era require tools from
that same era.

mjb.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums