[Shop-talk] Inexpensive Timing Lights

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Inexpensive Timing Lights
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 20:58:29 -0600
The Sears timing light I bought in the early 70's is still working well, but I
would like to replace it with one with a settable advance.  I only use it a
couple of times a year (which probably explains why my 40 year old one works
just fine) so I hate to spend a lot of money on one.  Harbor Freight has one
that at least on paper meets the needs and only costs $35.00, so $28.00 after
one of their 20% coupons.
http://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/diagnostics/timing-light-w
ith-advance-40963.html

Does anyone know anything about it?  And, if it is no good, can someone
recommend a decent inexpensive one?  I've been keeping my eye on Craig'sList
for a used one, but haven't seen much.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums