Re: [Shop-talk] Car detailing business

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Car detailing business
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 16:01:05 -0500
The thing is, driving or not, there is a major liability issue that
has to be addressed.  There are a thousand things that could go wrong
resulting in damage to a customer's car.  Some of them may have
nothing at all to do with you, but you'll get blamed anyway.  Any
mechanic will tell you that anything that goes wrong shortly after
you work on a car will be blamed on what you did.  There seem to be
two approaches.  The first involves ignoring the issue and hoping
that nothing bad happens.  The second involves sitting down with an
insurance agent and figuring out what kind of insurance you need and
what it would cost for different types of business operations.

Years ago, I was rear-ended by a Mercedes salesman driving a
customer's car in for service.  Dealership insurance company said it
wasn't their problem because he wasn't doing this in an official
capacity, just doing a favor for someone.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums