[Shop-talk] Car detailing business

Subject: [Shop-talk] Car detailing business
From: shannahquilts at gmail.com (Shannah Miller)
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:54:32 -0800
I think the liability issues are worth considering.  I think that
you could minimize the problems by getting customers by
referral and/or carrying insurance on yourself.  I had that at
one time, and it covered me to drive anything I had a license
for.  It was more expensive than regular insurance, but not
more than double.

Or, you can self-insure.  We do that for earthquake insurance.
We discovered that paying for earthquake insurance on our
house was a lot more expensive than the chance of risk.  So,
we (over time) put enough in the bank to cover our house, and
if we get an earthquake, we're our own insurance.  It was
cheaper than the "official" insurance.

Shannah