Re: [Shop-talk] Car detailing business

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Car detailing business
From: Steven Trovato <strovato@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2011 13:51:18 -0500
I have no idea what your place looks like, or what kind of impression
it makes on passing motorists.  I would think that would be an
important factor if you're really expecting passing motorists to just
stop in.  Your typical Mercedes/Porsche/BMW driver isn't going to
turn down the dirt driveway and go around back behind the barn just
because they see a "detailing here" sign.  I think the drop-off
process is a big pain for most people if they have to arrange a
ride.  The one guy I used to know who did detailing on a small scale
would pick up the customer's car.  It worked like this.  You called
him and made an appointment.  He came to where you work, left his car
there and took yours.  Then he brought it back all shiny before it
was time to go home.  You just had to meet him outside, or at the
front desk or whatever to transfer keys and pay him.  It was very
convenient and he didn't have to deal with customers at his
house.   Word of this guy''s services spread quickly within the
company.    Good luck with the venture.

-Steve Trovato
strovato@optonline.net

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums