[Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver

Subject: [Shop-talk] Milwaukee vs Dewalt cordless Hex Impact Driver
From: mark at nashvilletn.org (Mark)
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 20:20:37 -0600
For years I would leave a cordless drill on my boat just so I would have it
handy while underway.  Every time I ever needed it either the battery was
not charged or in need of replacement.  Finally one night at anchor I took
the drill apart and soldered (butane) a pair of wires on it with a lighter
plug so I could plug it in an accessory outlet on the boat.  That was over
ten years ago and my old drill still works like a charm.  It was a 9 volt,
now 12 volt, it runs a bit faster but hasn't burned out yet.  I would think
the same would work for a 18 volt drill since the battery voltage drops
quickly under load anyway.  Nothing like a 100 amp hour battery for your
drill!

Mark
Nashville