[Shop-talk] Need advice on shipping 1500 lbs from California to Minnesot

Subject: [Shop-talk] Need advice on shipping 1500 lbs from California to Minnesota ...
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 10:45:14 -0500
I've wrestled with this problem for years.  I am always selling stuff on
ebay and CL and getting ripped off from shipping companies.

That was until I shipped 3 X 300 lbs ship hatch cover to CT about 2 months
ago.  In my research I came across this site...
http://www.freightcenter.com/

And low and behold, I was a believer.  There process is simple and
painless.  They will assign you a personal rep that works with you.  My
guys name is...
Kevin Chase
1-800-716-7608, Ext. 1024

They not only give you a price, they show you the pricing options for
about 5 to 10 shipping companies (all of which to can schedule through
them.)

Call him and tell him Eric Petrevich sent you.  He is a great guy and
their prices are very reasonable.  But even more impressive, he worked
with me to try a few different options to see what way had the best price.
 (we looked at different pallets, one pallet, different configurations,
etc) until I got a great price.  Then, the day it shipped, the price was
reduced with a discount they gave me.

I have no interest in the company, I'm just really happy to find a firm
that answered a problem that I was always having with large freight
shipping.

BTW, the price they gave me beat the pants off of local carriers.

On a side note, to date my largest shipment was a custom made pallet with
8 stretchers on it shipped to Taiwan.  It cost about $3500 for the
shipment and the sale price of the stretchers was only $200.  This was
BEFORE I found Freightcenters.

Eric P
Waldo Emerson

"Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj at visi.com>
Sent by: shop-talk-bounces at autox.team.net
11/10/2011 23:00

"shop-talk" <shop-talk at autox.team.net>
cc

Subject
[Shop-talk] Need advice on shipping 1500 lbs from California to Minnesota

I have an opportunity to buy a mill. The owner is willing to palletize it.

Now all I need to do is figure out how to engage a freight company to go
his house with a tailgate lift, he has a pallet jack and can get it on the

tailgate, then have the freight company do it's thing to get it to my
driveway and do the tailgate lift thing a second time.

Any suggestions on where to start with something like this?

Thanks,
Arvid

Shop-talk at autox.team.net
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums