[Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir

Subject: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir
From: eric at megageek.com (eric at megageek.com)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:54:52 -0400
Scott writes...

>What say the list?  Am I overstating the benefits of iron?  Something
>else to think about is that copper won't rust on the inside.  There's
>that...

I agree.  In fact, I posted the condensing issue when this first started.
I also agree that I would rather do it once and be done with it.

My black pipe had lots of leaks.  Turns out, the cheap HF pipe threader
was the cause.  Instead of redoing every joint (not really an option with
the size and scope of my installation) I just would shut it off when I was
done.

Now that I have free electric (thanks solar!) I have left it on over night
a few times and the leaks have plugged themselves up!  (someone here told
me they would do that.)

But if I were doing it over again, it would be black pipe with a high end
threader!

Eric P
Waldo Emerson