Re: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir

To: tigers@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2011 16:34:44 -0700
> If you spend a little time goggling you can find many DIY after
> coolers.
> Most are air cooled, some are water cooled.

Don't have the link handy, but I recall seeing one somewhere that was
nothing more than a coil of soft copper tubing lying in a plastic 5 gallon
bucket.  When doing something that required dry air, you dump several pounds
of ice into the pickle bucket.  Not a production setup, obviously, but
likely adequate for the average DIY.

But I haven't had the urge to try it, since my current setup seems to
deliver air that is dry enough.  The drain on the main run to the compressor
(50 or 60 feet of 3/4" iron pipe) is always dry, even when there is a fair
amount of water in the tank.

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums