Re: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir

To: "'shop-talk@autox.team.net'" <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Compressed Air Lines, RapidAir
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 07:52:28 -0700
> I'm too lazy to perform the theoretical calculations, though.

The main line runs at a nominal 150 psi, roughly 10 atm.  As I understand
it, even if it were at 100% RH, then after it goes through the regulator to
90 psi (~6 atm) and gets warmed back up to room temperature, it should only
be around 60% RH.

> If it works, it works, right?

That's my attitude.  Before, with the little compressor under the bench, I
would get water spitting out the exhaust of my air tools (like the die
grinder).  Now I don't.  The blast cabinet seems to clog less too (probably
wouldn't clog at all if I would change the glass beads).

But I don't do anything that requires really dry air.  And if I do, I can
always add the pickle bucket <g>

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums