Re: [Shop-talk] Identifying taper and threading attachments on a

To: "Joe Szwed" <jszwed@energykinetics.com>, <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Identifying taper and threading attachments on a
From: "Arvid Jedlicka" <arvidj@visi.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:31:42 -0500
And just thought of one more thing. For threading the lead screw needs to be
reversible -- apron moves towards the chuck rather than away from the
chuck -- if you want to cut "normal" right hand threads. Many smaller
lathes -- 9 and 10 inch swings and smaller -- need to have a "reverse
tumbler" installed to cut the threads. There are many links available on the
web to suggest how to create this device. I think most bigger lathes -- 12
inch and greater swing -- come with selectable lead screw direction built
in.

Certainly no expert in the lathe world but stuff I've picked up while trying
to buy one,
Arvid

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums