[Shop-talk] metallic smelling water

Subject: [Shop-talk] metallic smelling water
From: strovato at optonline.net (Steven Trovato)
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 13:16:13 -0400
Tim,

Are you saying that the metallic smell is only from the hot water?  I
can't see how anything in the water heater could effect the cold
water.  Actually, I don't think it's very likely that the anode rod
would cause this symptom even in the hot water.  The rod should have
been gradually eroding over the last seven years.  I can't see why it
would be different now.  Have you asked your neighbors if they have
noticed anything?  It would seem more likely to me that it is
something outside your home causing it.  You could also make an
inquiry with the water department.

-Steve Trovato
strovato at optonline.net