[Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?

Subject: [Shop-talk] Run air tools on a water hose?
From: malaboge at aol.com (malaboge at aol.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 00:07:32 -0400 (EDT)
Hmmm...interesting hypothesis

The weather here is HOT...but then that's not anything new round here.  I try
to do the "heavy lifting", compressor-wise, early in the AM when its only in
the 80's...no idea of the humidity, but this is normal weather here and
haven't had this much problem in the past.

Anyone have a clue what sort of compression figures I might be looking for as
a bit-o-diagnostics?
Figure I can find some way to do a dry and then wet compression test with a
little thought.  Since I know it will pump up to the tank blow off pressure,
I'll need some way to monitor/count the number of revolutions on the pump to
duplicate the tests...any thoughts?

There's always some kinda pressure...
Nick in Nor Cal