[Shop-talk] Wifi to the garage

To: "Shop Talk" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Wifi to the garage
From: "Bob Nogueira" <bob@texmog.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2011 22:56:02 -0500
Ibve been trying to use my laptop in the garage so I can listen to the ball
game while working.  Problem I am having is the garage is right on the fringe
of our wifi  network.
What I have noticed is that the  strength will vary from 1 mbps to 11 mbps
without moving the computer or anything changing.  When it falls to the low
side I loose the broadcast.
Any simple tricks to increase the signal strength that tiny bit I need to keep
it from dropping out  right in the middle of a great play?   Why does the
signal strength change when noting else has changed?

Thanks for any suggestions

Bob

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums