[Shop-talk] Oil analysis - Blackstone

Subject: [Shop-talk] Oil analysis - Blackstone
From: dmscheidt at gmail.com (David Scheidt)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 20:24:58 -0500
On Jun 25, 2011, at 11:50 AM, BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8 at tx.rr.com> wrote:

> As for 15k oil change intervals- I would not do that personally.
> Most cars used to recommend oil change intervals less than half
> that, and I thought those intervals were not conservative enough.  I

It's 2011.  There are better ways to chose your oil change interval
than "I thought". Used oil analysis can tell you an awful lot about
the actual state of the oil.  It's a waste of money and natural
resources to change your oil before it's needed, and changing it at3k
because that's what you've always done is firmly in the wastefull zone.
Again,  it's 2011, oil and oil additive packages are way way better
than they ever have been. Enjoy living in future.