Re: [Shop-talk] quiet compressor

To: Shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] quiet compressor
From: Michael Lye <lotuseuropa@me.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 13:22:03 -0400
I accidentally sent Mark a reply off-list and thought I'd repost to the list
plus add a little more:

If you have the budget, go for a Jun-air compressor. They make great
compressors that are very well made and very quiet! Some are no louder than a
refrigerator. Small ones are only 35 dBA. That's sort of the level of noise in
a library! They are often used in dental offices and labs situations. These are
also sometimes used for picture framing businesses. Other brands marketed to
dental offices and labs may be similar.

http://www.jun-air.com/

Here is one on e-bay:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jun-Air-air-compressor-model-6-25-/350288672448?pt=BI_Air_Compressors&hash=item518ed4f6c0#ht_1497wt_907

Jun-air are well made and have good support so I would think a used one is a
viable way to go.

If you want a very quiet compressor and the requirements work. I highly
recommend these. Not cheap but worth it if you can't have the noise of a
regular compressor.

Michael
no connection etc. etc. but I've used one in the past and was really impressed.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums