Re: [Shop-talk] the air saga continues

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] the air saga continues
From: "Randall" <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 15:59:03 -0700
> The only case it seems to miss is the "you
> are
> using so much air that the compressor comes on and never stops" ...

I think it misses another case, perhaps more important, which is where the
tank is hot while the compressor is working and then cools at the end of the
work day.  Water will condense inside the tank as the air cools, and not get
purged until the next time the compressor starts.

But I ran a length of brass pipe from the tank bottom to the drain valve,
which hopefully will not corrode even if it stands full of water for a few
weeks, and will hold enough to allow all of the liquid to drain from the
tank.

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums