Re: [Shop-talk] the air saga continues

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] the air saga continues
From: Mike Rambour <mikey@b2systems.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2011 10:46:59 -0700
Best way to say it is that my air system is a bunch of leaks connected
together by some pipes.

This talk sure makes me happy I went with copper as the only leaks I
have are at the quick disconnect fittings themselves.  I also have a
auto-drain on my compressor set to release 1 minute every hour to get
rid of water in the tank, it will drain the tank in a about a week
anyway if I don't use the compressor, so leaks in the line are not a big
deal.

  There has to be some thing available at the plumbing supply stores
that is fairly thick and that you put on the threads when you assemble
the pipes, you can't be the first person to run into this.  I think the
vacuum with epoxy is just too far fetched and too much work.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums