Re: [Shop-talk] HIGH pressure compressed air?

To: "'Douglas Braun'" <doug@dougbraun.com>, "'Randall'" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HIGH pressure compressed air?
From: "Paul Parkanzky" <parkanzky@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2011 08:19:57 -0400
It's the same way you can run your air tools off of a 3000 PSI tank of
Nitrogen at the track.  You regulate it down to the working pressure of the
gun.

The paintball never sees 5000 PSI, it gets whatever the regulator in front
of the gun is set to.  Since you're using a regulator, the performance won't
decline until the tank pressure drops below the regulator set point.  You
get the added benefit of storing 5000 PSI worth of gas in the bottle instead
of 500 (or whatever).

I don't know why it would be heavy, unless you mean the tanks/hoses/fittings
used to hold those pressures would be heavy, but only the tank and gear
before the first regulator has to withstand the highest pressures and one of
the stronger light-weight alloys or a composite material can make a suitable
tank without too much heft.

-Paul