Re: [Shop-talk] HIGH pressure compressed air?

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] HIGH pressure compressed air?
From: BJNoSHOV8 <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2011 23:28:35 -0500
My nephew owned a paintball park at one time, and he had a small
compressor that did the pressurizing.  You can also buy an old scuba
tank, have it filled, and fill your paintball marker (gun) tanks from
that.  An electric compressor might be a little expensive for a casual
paintball shooter, but an old scuba tank isn't that expensive.

Did you question the use of a rubber hose?  Rubber hoses used in
hydraulics can easily go 10,000 psi.

Target shooters that use airguns now use very high pressure compressed
air just like paintball markers.  They usually refill the tanks on their
guns from a scuba tank, but you can also buy a hand compressor that will
go up to that pressure.  I understand it takes a lot of work to get to
that pressure level though.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums