[Shop-talk] torque wrench calilbration

Subject: [Shop-talk] torque wrench calilbration
From: bjshov8 at tx.rr.com (BJNoSHOV8)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 16:59:17 -0600
Lots of discussion on these so far...
If the thing was manufactured correctly and is undamaged then it will
work now exactly as well as it did when originally manufactured.  After
all, PL^3/3EI is the same now as it has ever been.

I've used these things before, and they work well when used properly,
but they can be a little hard to read.  IOW when you have the tool on a
fastener such as a head bolt and you are applying 80-ft-lbs or so, you
usually aren't in a position to have your eyes conveniently above the
scale ready to read it.  And as has been mentioned before the pointer
(and scale) are subject to damage moreso than the remainder of the tool.