Re: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press.

To: Jack Brooks <jibjib@att.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] gah. Moron press.
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 09:22:55 -0500
On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 12:23 AM, Jack Brooks <jibjib@att.net> wrote:
> David,
>
> It's like the labels on the back of equipment most of us open up to work on
> regularly. B "No user serviceable parts inside."
>
> I have just one work. . . . . HA!

The original justification for that label was "it means 'no user
serviceable parts' are behind that cover, not 'this isn't fixable'."
In other words, no fuses, tubes, or light bulbs.  On the back of a TV,
where there were bits the end user was expected to fix, and also bits
that can kill you, it makes a whole lot sense.  I haven't seen that
actual label in a long time, now that I think about it.

A service person may find things to do there, of course.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums