[Shop-talk] Replacing a damaged helicoil

Subject: [Shop-talk] Replacing a damaged helicoil
From: pat at hornesystemstx.com (Pat Horne)
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 10:41:12 -0600
Has anyone tried using a thread locker on a Helicoil insert? It may be
necessary to run a bottom tap into the insert to clean any locker out of
the threads, but that shouldn't be a problem.

You might look for a threaded insert to use as a replacement. You drill
a larger hole, tap it and run the insert into that hole. Similar to a
Helicoil, but the insert is solid.

Peace,
Pat

Thusly spake Jim Stone, On 2/26/2011 10:03 AM:

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001