Re: [Shop-talk] Yet another TIG Welder question

To: Matt <mbarre@juno.com>, Shop-Talk <Shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Yet another TIG Welder question
From: Douglas Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 2011 15:23:59 -0500
Yes, I noticed the TIG/Plasma combos.  They look attractive, but I
have always managed to cut stuff reasonably well
with saws, zizz wheels, etc.  A plasma cutter would be neat to use,
but it seems more like a time-saver than
something that fundamentally improves the quality or sophistication of
the work that you can accomplish.

They also make an AC/DC TIG/Plasma/Stick machine, but it needs 220,
and it's a lot of money to put into
an imported tool...

Doug

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums