[Shop-talk] Lubricating garage door cables

To: Shop Talk 'shop-talk' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Lubricating garage door cables
From: Brian Kennedy <kennedybc@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2011 17:23:27 -0800
I just has a pulley wear through on my garage door opener. When I bought a
replacement and a couple of spare cables, I see they recommend lubricating the
cables. I've never done that. Does anyone have experience with cable
lubrication? I'm wondering if the lubricant might pick up dust and dirt on the
exposed cable and to more harm than good. The cables run through rotating
pulleys, so there isn't a lot of friction.

Brian K.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums