Re: [Shop-talk] GM 4l60e transmission problem

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] GM 4l60e transmission problem
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 2010 15:03:52 -0800
> Has anyone on the list had a similar experience with a vehicle
> equipped with this transmission?

I believe that's the same transmission in my 95 Buick.  It's been having a
little trouble with the very last shift it makes (not sure if that is OD or
converter lockup, but kind of seems like the latter).  No doubt it is living
on borrowed time with some 240,000 miles on it, but a can of aftermarket
chemical (sorry, I've forgotten which one offhand) seems to have improved
the shift considerably.  So I'm hoping that maybe some fresh fluid will
help.

Went through a similar experience many decades ago with an ancestor of the
4L60E (TH400).  Shop swore it was worn out, and literally said it would not
get the car home.  Changed the fluid & filter, dumped in a can of
Trans-medic, and it worked fine as long as we kept the car.

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums