[Shop-talk] Hardwood floor saddle

To: shop-talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Hardwood floor saddle
From: John Mitchell <jmitch@snet.net>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 17:43:54 -0500
     Hi all, In my bedroom I have hardwood flooring and there was wood
saddle where the hardwood met the tile going into the bathroom as the
tile was a little lower than the wood.  I've redone the tile flooring so
that it is now level with the hardwood.  When the saddle was removed,
the wood underneath is no longer the same color or texture as the rest.
I've tried sanding and putting on a coat of polyurethane, but it still
looks ugly.  I'm wondering if there is some kind of a thin wood strip
that I can apply to hide the area. I don't really want to use the old
saddle, as it was very thick, and was a tripping hazard.  Any ideas
short of re-doing the whole floor would be appreciated.   Thanks   John
Mitchell   Shelton, CT

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums