Re: [Shop-talk] On line discount Rx?

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] On line discount Rx?
From: "Randall" <TR3driver@ca.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 14:13:38 -0800
> However, a lot (ok, nearly all) the web
> sites for
> discount internet pharmacies look kind of scary.  Any
> recommendations?

What I did was to get the list of low cost prescription drugs available from
Costco, Wal-Mart,  K-mart and Target.  My prescriptions were not on the
list, but I found some drugs that were in the same family and were on the
list.  Called my doctor with that information and asked if the cheaper drugs
would work for me.  He said "Yes", so my cost dropped from roughly $60/month
(and going up every month) to about $20/month.  And the BP cuff confirms
they work just as well.

BTW, my MD had absolutely no idea which ones were cheaper.  I had previously
asked for a generic, which turned out to be even more expensive than the
name brand he prescribed in the first place.

-- Randall

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums