[Shop-talk] Water Alarm

To: "'Shop Talk List'" <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Water Alarm
From: "Doug Armstrong" <darmstrong@nexicom.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 09:35:59 -0500
I believe that there was a discussion last week about setting up a remote
water alarm.

I saw this today in a flyer:

http://www.protectedhome.com/homesitter-p-118-l-en.html

The HS-700 HomeSitter from Protected Home is the lowest cost
multi-functional home monitoring system on the market! The HomeSitter will
sound an audible alarm and call up to three telephone numbers to protect
your home from damage caused by temperature extremes, water leaks or power
failures.   Alarm set-up takes just a few minutes and there are no
monitoring fees or installation costs!  All you need is a phone line and a
power outlet.  No Landline? See the Cell
<http://www.protectedhome.com/cell-link-adapter-p-13-l-en.html>  Link
Adapter page.

       Automatically calls to up to three telephone numbers upon alarm

7         Sounds local built-in siren upon all alarms

7         Monitors for a temperature loss/rise (below 450F/70C or rise above
850F/340C)

7         Monitors for water leaks or over-flowing sump pumps (water sensor
included)

7         Monitors for power outages

7         Monitors the back-up battery status

Since it relies on the phone line, I doubt you can call your home number
because it will be in use.

Looks like an interesting product.

In Canada they are for sale at TSC.

Doug Armstrong