Re: [Shop-talk] Regrouting a shower.

To: Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Regrouting a shower.
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 16:36:13 -0400
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 2:17 PM, Obaa <obaa996@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm rebuilding our shower door because it has started sagging. B While
> scraping
> out the caulk, I noticed some of the grout has started
> cracking/splitting
> between the tiles in the stall, so I plan on fixing those
> areas as well. B Am I
> okay to just fix the broken areas, or should I really be
> grinding out all of the
> old grout and re-grouting the entire shower? B I think
> I know what the correct
> answer is, but it's a really big shower stall.... :)

Cna you figure out what caused the failure?  If it's something like a
poor repair, or movement on one wall, you might reasonably patch it.
(though you may have trouble matching the color.)
If it's just dying of old age, you're probably bettr off replacing all
of it, unless you're planning on retiling soon.
--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums