Re: [Shop-talk] Regrouting a shower.

To: Rich White <rlwhitetr3b@hotmail.com>, shop-talk List
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Regrouting a shower.
From: <bjshov8@tx.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 16:21:44 -0400
No, I think you gave an accurate answer.

The point is if you have a single grout line that has cracked, you can just
regrout that line.  After you finish then decide if the color matches and if
you are happy with it.  If you aren't happy with the color match then you might
have to grout more, maybe even the entire wall.  If you still aren't happy then
you have to regrout the whole stall.  Now in the process of grouting you might
decide you want to regrout the floor tile, or maybe you want more floor tile.
And then what about changing the paint to match. And the carpet, and the ...

So basically the answer is to replace the minimum amount that makes you happy.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums