Re: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers

To: shoptalk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers
From: Battmain <battmain@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:34:40 -0700 (PDT)
I have two of the Harbor Freight 5 watt solar units. They work. Only issue I
have with them is the heat.
They get moderately hot. Normally I use something non-combustible to keep them
off the dash.
I also have the battery minder charger/desulphator. They all work. The solar
chargers are a little
more convenient when you want to go the vehicle, get in, do what you want. With
the battery minder,
you need to roll up the extension cord too unless you don't mind leaving it
sitting in the driveway.

The desulphator worked to recover a few weak batteries I had, but they have
been
regulated to
secondary use as they all went back to being too weak to start the vehicle as a
primary battery

Brian
battmain@yahoo.com