Re: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers

To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Solar car battery chargers
From: Scott Hall <scott.hall.personal@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 11:07:38 -0400
  Wow.  That thing's pricey, but it's cheaper than two new batteries.
It says it has a constant desulphation phase--can the EEs opine on
whether that's marketing speak or legit (Randall's explanation is that a
desulphator stores current then zaps the battery to do its thing).  I
also don't see anything on that page that says (to a moron--me) that it
regulates the charge and so won't overcook the battery when it's topped off.

Actually, I'll abdicate thought on this one.  Is that the one I should
buy?  Better to listen to the guys that actually know what they're
talking about--I loved this stuff in college, but now I just try to keep
the smoke in the wires and not electrocuting me.

Thanks.

Scott

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums