Re: [Shop-talk] Aftermarket body parts vendors?

To: Shop Talk <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Aftermarket body parts vendors?
From: PJ McGarvey <pj_mcgarvey@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:29:21 -0400
I'm also looking for a body panel for an 85 VW, and came across this site
today:
http://shermanparts.com/ecat/base/index.php
I've also found it helpful to have a part number for the part you need  and
simply google that, and find some places online.   I found decent quality body
parts for my Subaru that way, and many VWs in the past as well.
PJ

> Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 11:04:23 -0400
> From: wmc_st@xxiii.com
> To: shop-talk@autox.team.net
> Subject: [Shop-talk] Aftermarket body parts vendors?
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Can anyone suggest a vendor for aftermarket auto body parts?  You know, the
cheap alternative stuff the insurance companies try to steer you into?

> I'm trying to help a lady friend inexpensively fix a broken rocker panel
trim piece on a late model Buick, and GM wants $485 for this stupid piece of
plastic!   Seems like it should be easy enough to google but I've come up
empty so far.