Re: [Shop-talk] Shop light problems - update

To: Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop light problems - update
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 11:51:58 -0400
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:51 PM, Randall <tr3driver@ca.rr.com> wrote:
>> The last time I looked at a spec sheet, there were four numbers, for 3
>> and 12 hour run times, using IS and RS ballasts. B The IS life time was
>> about 50% of the RS for 3 hour run time, and about 80% for 12 hour.
>
> Ok, this is the first T8 spec sheet I found. B It gives only two numbers
(for 3
> and 12 hour run times), saying they apply for rapid start, programmed start
> and instant start ballasts.
>
> http://www.nam.lighting.philips.com/us/ecatalog/fluor/pdf/p-5338e.pdf

http://genet.gelighting.com/LightProducts/Dispatcher?REQUEST=COMMERCIALSPECPA
GE&PRODUCTCODE=25611&BreadCrumbValues=CATG,_Lamps_Linear%20Fluorescent_Straig
ht%20Linear_T8&SearchFieldCode=null

These are the tubes I use.  21000 hours instant start, three hour run
time.  30,000 rapid start, three hour run time.  30% reduction.  I'm
not going to worry about it; 21,000 hours is 9.5 years at six hours a
day.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com