Re: [Shop-talk] Shop light problems - update

To: Darrell Walker <darrellw@ipns.com>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Shop light problems - update
From: David Scheidt <dmscheidt@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2010 10:55:28 -0400
On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Darrell Walker <darrellw@ipns.com> wrote:
> Since several have asked:
>
>> The new ones are Sylvania (the original were Sunpak). B The model number
is
> "QTP 2X32T8/UNV ISN-SC" (which mostly is just the rating, for two 32W T8
> bulbs). B I got them at Home Depot.
>
> The replacements are also electronic.

If I remember right, the sylvania QTP ballasts won't run T12 tubes.
(or won't well, at least).
Not a problem if you already had t8 tubes, but annoying for
retrofitting.  Other than that, they're very nice (I've put in a few).
 Properly deal with tube failures (the others work normally!), and
start well in cold weather.  They're also usable on 240 and 277 v
circuits, if you happen to have any.

--
David Scheidt
dmscheidt@gmail.com