Re: [Shop-talk] Salvage title vehicles

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Salvage title vehicles
From: Dave Rann <drann340@msn.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 02:24:01 +0000
 Good experiences is all that I have had with salvage titles. A 1973- 71
Capri, 2.5RS Subaru, 1986 Porsche, and most recently a BMW GS motorcycle.
Actually, the Capri, a truly fun little car, the Porsche and the Subaru which
we still drive had some creative title work but a Carfax might raise some
questions. The motorcycle has a rebuilt from salvage title.

 None of these vehicles has had any problems due to the repairs, except a less
than superb paint job on the Subaru. They all have has full coverage
insurance, and all have had loans at one time. I have paid thousands of
dollars less than market value on each, and my wife and I are still alive.

 So, my feelings are: a salvage title vehicle is definitely worth less than a
pristine garage queen and has a lesser resale value, what is the resale value
for a garage queen after you put 70,000 miles on it? Go right ahead and spend
your money.

Dave

http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL
:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1