Re: [Shop-talk] communications cable to garage

To: shop-talk List <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] communications cable to garage
From: Mark J Bradakis <mark@bradakis.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 17:31:56 -0600
I've been thinking about this myself.  After years of renting a shop
I've had
to move The Fat Chance Garage back to the house.  Or the garage out back,
at least.  I'm thinking I need to run a 220V line for the big compressor and
the welder, a phone line and possibly a network cable if I want to keep
a PC out there.  Maybe even a coax from the TV antenna for the stereo.
Extension cords just don't cut it.

Luckily it is only about a 50 foot run, but I have been thinking of 1inch
conduit - as others have said it could be better in the long run when it
is time to recable.  In my 24 years working in the Computer Science
department I've heard "this will be the last cable we'll need to run"
a few times too many ;-)  Wish I still had that job, I could "borrow"
some good cable...

mjb.

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums