[Shop-talk] Musty seats

To: <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Musty seats
From: Jim Stone <jandkstone99@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 20:20:50 -0500
I was recently given a set of Fiat 124 Spider seats that I am thinking about
recovering for use in a Alpine hot rod I am building.  The upholstery is
completely shot, but they are complete and appear to be salvageable.  From
what I can see, the foam is damaged but repairable and usable.  Except they
stink!
  I think it is just mildew that has permeated the foam.  I don't mind
spending the $300 or so to recover them, but the costs would escalate
past what they are worth to me if I started screwing around with new
foam.  Is there a reliable way to get the stink out of seats that have
seen better days?

Thanks.

The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with
Hotmail.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID2832
6::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums