Re: [Shop-talk] Head Stud Install

To: 'Shop Talk List' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Shop-talk] Head Stud Install
From: Chad on LEG <chad@linuxeg.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 00:21:32 -0400
Went back to Loctite's web site and found a .pdf on 271.
Told me all I need to know and then some..

<snip>
"LOCTITE. 271 is designed for the permanent locking and
sealing of threaded fasteners. The product cures when
confined in the absence of air between close fitting metal
surfaces and prevents loosening and leakage from shock and
vibration. Typical applications include the locking and sealing
of large bolts and studs (up to M25 )."
</snip>

<snip>
7. For Sealing Applications, apply a 3600 bead of product
to the leading threads of the male fitting, leaving the first
thread free. Force the material into the threads to
thouroughly fill the voids. For bigger threads and voids,
adjust product amount accordingly and apply a 3600
bead of product on the female threads also.
</snip>

Next time I'll exhaust all possible sources before posting.
Thanks all,
chad

--

"He that goes a borrowing goes a sorrowing."
 -- Benjamin Franklin, writings, 1758

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums