[Shop-talk] Head Stud Install

To: 'Shop Talk List' <shop-talk@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Shop-talk] Head Stud Install
From: Chad on LEG <chad@linuxeg.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 23:29:57 -0400
I'm replacing the head bolts on my SBC with ARP studs.
With the cap screws I used ARP's sealant (the bolts holes
open into the water jacket). I'd like to Loctite the studs in place
but not sure which produce to use. On the mains I used #262 (red)
but #271 "locks and seals (Enco catalog page 917) so I'm thinking this
may be a better choice - the catalog continues "...bearing retaining nuts,
cylinder liner studs, door closer plugs, ..." Any recommendations?
Sure was easier when all they had was "Nutlock" and Studlock"!
Thanks,
chad

--

"Our peculiar security is in the possession of a written
 Constitution. Let us not make it a blank paper by

Forums: http://www.team.net/forums